Bruno Alderuccio is an experienced Managing Principal Lawyer in the areas of property, commercial, and business law with a career spanning over three decades.
Bruno’s legal career began in 1986 and over the following 8 years he worked for the Firms of KPMG, Freehills and Jerrard & Stuk, with a particular focus on property, commercial and taxation law.
In 1994 Bruno together with his brother John, became a founding Partner of Alderuccio Solicitors establishing offices in Melbourne CBD and Moonee Ponds.
The combination of Bruno’s extensive knowledge, experience and skill in property, development and commercial transactions, provides him with a fully integrated service which is highly regarded by clients in the property development and investment industries.
Bruno’s diverse client base includes Australian and overseas clients with varied property and commercial interests.
Bruno is also Italian speaking.
Areas of expertise
Bruno’s extensive experience in property law includes subdivisions, consolidations, land development and complex issues involving planning, contractual, joint ventures, leasing, finance and property trusts.
Bruno’s experience further extends to all aspects of property sales and acquisitions, advice on aspects of residential subdivisions and owner’s corporation (body corporate) issues, GST and stamp duty issues.
Retail/Commercial Leasing, Commercial and Business Law
Bruno’s commercial and business service offerings include drawing and advising on retail and commercial leasing agreements and variations, acting on the sale and purchase of companies, shares and businesses, drawing up contracts for shareholders, joint ventures and supply agreements, advising on related aspects of trust law and dispute resolution. Representing clients in various courts and tribunals with respect to commercial disputes, retail lease disputes and contractual disputes.
Bruno’s commercial litigation experience extends to numerous property, retail, commercial, building & construction clients. Bruno’s commercial solution to each client’s needs is his driving principal. He thrives in professional relationships where he contributes to the development and success of client businesses.
Alternative Dispute Resolution
Bruno has conducted negotiations and settlements of shareholder and inter-corporate disagreements and disputes, commercial landholder and tenancy disputes including lock-outs. He has also advised clients in more formal mediation conferences involving not just the disputing parties but impartial mediators.
Bruno’s dispute resolutions skills extend over the entirety of the pre-litigation stage to the commencement and completion of court proceedings.
Wills and Estate Matters
Bruno works closely with clients, accountants and financial advisors for all Wills, and estate matters. He also has extensive experience in dealing with disputed Wills and Family Provision claims.
Select examples of Bruno’s experience include:
- Advising on complex property transactions regarding stamp duty, tax and GST considerations
- Advising and drafting leasing agreements for all sizes of retail and commercial properties including extensive negotiations
- Drafting complex contract documents for both large scale residential development and commercial projects and sites
- Advising locals on property joint ventures with foreigners on applicable local laws and stamp duty, foreigner purchaser duty & structuring and FIRB matters
- Involvement in a number of County Court, Supreme Court and VCAT disputes relating to property and commercial disputes
- Advising and acting for and against a large number of owners’ corporations
- Acting on behalf of landlords and tenants in a number of complex leasing disputes opposed to all types of parties including large scale landlords, shopping centres and governments and intimate knowledge of Retail Leases Act
- Drawing and advising on loan agreements, unit trusts, family trusts for small and medium size businesses including asset protection
- Review, advise, structure and undertake due diligence on proposed acquisitions of businesses, large assets and companies
- Drafting and advising on complex Wills and estate matters
Bruno is a member of the Law Institute of Victoria Property and Commercial Law sections, Australian Property Institute and Italian Australian Lawyers Association. .
Bruno and his family are passionate supporters of the Alannah and Madeline Foundation, a national charity with the belief that all children should have a safe and happy childhood without being subjected to any form of violence.
The Foundation was launched on 30 April 1997 after the tragic and violent attack on 28-29 April 1996 at the historical Port Arthur site in Tasmania, where 35 people were killed and 23 others seriously wounded, in a mass shooting.