John Alderuccio is an experienced Managing Principal Lawyer with a dedicated career spanning over three decades in family & relationships law, commercial and business law.
John has been operating at Director and Partner level for most of his professional career. For over a decade commencing in the late 80’s, John was the Managing Principal Lawyer and Director of a boutique legal practice in Ascot Vale. It was in the mid 90’s that John was joined by his brother Bruno and together they became founding Partners of Alderuccio Solicitors, establishing offices in Melbourne CBD and Moonee Ponds.
John has continued to build a successful practice acting for both private and commercial clients including advice on the resolution of company and business disputes.
John is also Italian speaking.
Areas of expertise
Family and Relationships Law
A major focus of John’s experience, is in the area of Family and Relationships law including:
- Conducting and managing Family Law proceedings
- Untangling family, company, trust and business structures
- Child support
- Spousal maintenance
- Parenting and children’s arrangements
- Intervention Orders
- Dealing with Superannuation issues after separation
- Prenuptial agreements and cohabitation agreements for de facto couples
- Financial agreements
John is a confident and experienced advocate who has extensive skills in navigating clients through the diversity and difficulty of family law matters. His approach is empathetic, pragmatic and tenacious. He has a keen attention to detail and is strategic in running matters.
John can assist clients who wish to engage in a respectful and family-focussed method of dispute resolution, working as a team with financial and child specialists, coaches and other lawyers.
John and his team work tirelessly to ensure all clients receive clear, direct and responsive communication that is both timely and commercially astute. John’s clients are comforted by his caring, approachable and down to earth nature.
Commercial/Business Law and Litigation
John’s commercial and business service offerings include acting on the sale and purchase of companies, shares and businesses, drawing contracts for shareholders, joint ventures and supply agreements, advising on related aspects of trust law and dispute resolution.
Representing clients in various courts and tribunals with respect to commercial and contractual disputes, John’s commercial litigation experience extends to numerous clients across various industry sectors, including building & construction, retail, manufacturing and hospitality.
Alternative Dispute Resolution
John has conducted negotiations and settlements of shareholder and inter-corporate disagreements and disputes. He has also advised clients in more formal mediation conferences involving not just the disputing parties but impartial mediators.
John’s dispute resolutions skills extend over the entirety of the pre-litigation stage to the commencement and completion of court proceedings.
John works closely with clients, accountants and financial advisors for all testamentary trusts and estate matters.
John also has extensive experience in dealing with disputed Wills and Family Provision claims.
Select examples of John’s experience include:
- Advising on directorship and company structures for wholesalers and distributors Australia wide and international networks
- Undertaking and reviewing due diligences on proposed acquisitions of small and medium-sized enterprises or businesses (SMEs) large assets and companies
- Advising on complex acquisitions and SMEs and large companies
- Drawing contracts across various industry sectors, reviewing documents and actively involved in negotiations with clients
- Reviewing and drawing significant commercial documents for SMEs
- Reviewing and drawing loan agreements, unit trusts, employment contracts for SMEs
- Drafting and advising on complex Wills, Testamentary trusts
- Successful case outcomes in Federal Circuit Court and Family Court of Australia
- Exceptional results in private Mediations in relation to Family Law matters
- Works with property agents and accountants in strategic asset planning and the preparation of Binding Financial Agreements.
John is a member of the Law Council of Australia – Family Law Section, Australasian Legal Practice Management Association, Italian Australian Lawyers Association and the Law Institute of Victoria.
John and his family are sponsors of “The Royal Hood Mentoring” an educational organisation providing mentoring programs, school motivational workshops and mental health/well-being speakers for youth.
The Royal Hood Mentoring program is passionate about seeing young people live free from a lack of identity, harmful behavioural patterns and poor mental health.